You can visit our website, www.genxlifestyle.com.my and browse without having to provide personal details. During your visit to our website, you may remain anonymous and at no time would we be able to identify you unless you have registered an account (“Gen X Account”) with us in our website and have logged in with your user name and password.
Gen X Lifestyle does not sell, share nor trade customer’s personal information collected online with third parties. Personal information collected online will only be disclosed within our corporate group and to third parties for the purpose for which it was collected, as authorized and consented by you such as sales transaction made in our website.
When you register as a customer or affiliate, the personal information we collect may include your:
· Your website
· Your address
· Your IC number (optional for customer login)
· Credit card details (optional) or bank account details (optional)
The mandatory personal information we collect from you will be used or shared within our corporate group and to third parties for any of the following purposes.
· To deliver products that you purchase from our website, we may pass your name and address on to a third party such as the courier service or supplier in order to make delivery of the product to you.
· To inform and update the status of the product.
· To process your orders and to provide services and information offered through our website and which you may request.
· To allow us to administer your registered account with us.
· To verify and carry out financial transactions related to the payment you may make online.
Your actual order details may be stored with us but for security reasons, cannot be retrieved by us. However, you may access that information by logging into your account in the website. You can view details of your orders that have been completed, those which are opened and those which are to be dispatched as well as administer your account details. You undertake to treat the personal access data confidentially and not to make it available to unauthorized third parties. We cannot assume liability for any misuse of passwords unless this misuse is through our own fault.
You can access and update your personal information anytime by accessing your account on Gen X website. Gen X ensures that all information collected will be safely and securely stored. We protect your information by allowing access to personal information only via passwords.
We will not share your information with any other organisations other than our corporate group and those third parties directly related to and necessary for the purchase of products, delivery of the same and purpose for which you have authorised. In exceptional circumstances, Gen X may be required to disclose personal information, such as when there are grounds to believe that the disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, or required by the law. Gen X is committed to complying with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, in particular, its policies as well as corresponding guidelines and orders.
When you visit Gen X, our company servers will automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This data may include:
· Your computer's IP address
· Browser type
· Webpage you were visiting before you came to our website
· The time spent on those pages, items and information searched for on our site, access times and dates, and other statistics
This information is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve our website and the services and products we provide. This data will not be used in association with any other personal information.